Professional Skills Development: How To Facilitate Creativity in Your Business
What Does Creativity Have to do With Leadership?
Everything. Leaders must be creative with decisions. With time. With communications. With emotions. With skills.
- Creativity in business can mean the capability to create new options; the flexibility to embrace new ideas; the passion for accepting only the best; the ability to motivate under any circumstance.
- While going for the best, it also means not waiting for “perfection” but a willingness to explore and test your ideas, try new things and put it out there.
- Organizations and businesses must be creative to thrive and flourish. It takes creativity to conceive of new products, new services and new ways to offer them.
- It also takes a uniquely creative approach to develop High Performance Leadership Skills.
8 Basic Conditions for Enhancing Creativity in Your Business
Whether you work in an organization or you run your own small business, for groups, teams, or organizations to be creative, some of the necessary conditions include:
- A willingness to listen to one another
- A non-judgmental. non-critical atmosphere
- Support of one another’s ideas and experimentation
- A desire to collaborate and create with others, to have fun and openness in the process
- A willingness to experiment and then make course-corrections when appropriate
- Tools for dealing with ambiguity, chaos, and disruption from time to time
- An ability to not always be in charge, or to be right
- Allowing others to support you; your willingness to support those around you
This then creates trust and openness in which critique, coaching, and further teaching and skill development follow, within that safe environment.
3 Ways Listening Promotes Creativity & Build Your Business
There are three major ways that listening plays a huge role in building your business.
- As the leader of a team or your business, you need time and tools to tap into your expertise and your inner creative genius
- Listening among your team and to your team
- And super important is your ability to listen to your ideal client’s needs
6 Business Needs That Need Your Creativity
You can apply creative solutions to all of your business needs—no matter how large or small your business or group. Here are a few examples where your creativity is needed:
- Assessing values, vision, and goals
- Facing the challenge for change among your leadership staff and then as it impacts every level of the organization or team
- Looking at individual and company obstacles and finding ways around or through them
- Communicating and acting around core cultural values at all levels of your organization or within your team
- Learning how to teach and coach at all levels
- Helping your team and employees to create a work and personal life balance that enhances the growth and productivity for themselves and the compa